Prepping your home.
The majority of home buyers start their search online. It is important to make the first impression count!! To make your property look at its absolute best, please do the following in addition to cleaning your home:
- Open all windows blinds and curtains to let in outside light.
- Turn on all lights in the house, including fireplaces, lamps, and under-cabinet lights.
- Replace any missing light bulbs.
- Turn off all ceiling fans, TV screens and all other electronic appliances.
- Minimize clutter and remove all items off countertops (including kitchen appliances, remotes), tables, night stands, etc.
- Do a home refresh – make beds, clear sinks and clean floors.
- Remove/minimize items on kitchen countertops such as dishwashing supplies, kitchen appliances, mails, etc.
- Clear outside refrigerator of magnets, papers, photos, etc.
- Hide garbage cans in pantry or closet.
- Remove small throw rugs, including doormats and bathroom mats to reveal the actual flooring.
- Toilet seats down and hide all items from bathroom countertops, sinks, showers, and tubs (shampoo, soap, etc.).
- Stow pet products and keep all pets restrained on a leash, in a kennel, or offsite during your appointment.
- Pull out vehicles out of the driveway and front of the property.
- Remove all other outside clutter such as yard signs, lawn toys, water hoses, toys, cleaning supplies, recycle bins, and other miscellaneous items that are not directly part of the exterior area.
- Arrange outdoor furniture as you would like it photographed. If there is a patio umbrella, please open it.
- Mow the law, sweep/remove leaves and refresh your landscaping.
- Clean pool, turn on water features/pool fountains and remove any toys/cleaning supplies.
- Alert/inform your neighbors about the photoshoot especially if drone is going to be utilize as this can cause tension and privacy issues which we want to be causious.
*Important: Photographers are UNABLE to assist you in cleaning or moving any personal property due to insurance limitations.